Things to Do In Diani Beach
If you have never been to the Kenyan coast, you need to start your exploration with Diani beach. This is a luxurious beach characterized by white sandy beaches, which stay warm under the bright sun. You will also meet turquoise waters, clear and almost unreal. Stare at them long enough, and the weight of the world fades away as you settle into the vacation mood.
Palm trees frame the backdrop, and the horizon offers clear blue skies with delightful temperatures. Mombasa’s single and charming cousin calls to those who desire relaxation and a sophisticated experience. It is the ultimate tourist destination for lovers, those getting over heartache, a place of discovering yourself and appreciating the beautiful things in life.
Where is Diani Beach?
Diani beach lies carefully on the shores of the Indian Ocean in Kwale County. It is 30 kilometers south of Mombasa and attracts tourists from various locations globally. This breathtaking beach has received recognition from the World Travel Awards as Africa’s Leading Beach Destination for six years in a row (2014 to 2019). So how can you afford to miss what this place has to offer?
What to Do In Diani
There is a lot to do here besides enjoying the beach. Here is what you can do during the day and night.
Visiting Diani means exposing yourself to lots of outdoor activities, starting with Skydiving. If you wonder what it would be like to hover above the beach and ocean, you can find out by participating.
Skydiving Diani is Kenya’s only permanent skydiving club that offers this thrilling experience. You get quality jumping gear, plus a helpful guide. In addition, you can participate in the weekly boogies festival in March and November as organized by the club. You can even go for the off-plane package for a more exhilarating experience.
Snorkeling and scuba diving are must-do in the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean. You will come across the rich and diverse population of marine life that live in these waters. Go on a boat trip on the ocean, where a guide will set you up for scuba diving or snorkeling.
You will meet sea turtles, humpback whales, plus an array of fish. If you are a beginner, the guide will give you lessons to make you a pro by the time you leave.
Next, you have to visit some of the eateries in Diani for seafood and Kenyan-style meals. Sails is a great place to get seafood in Diani. It is one of the most stylish places to dine in with its canopy of white canvas that will have you dining under the stars. If you want to indulge in Japanese cuisine, Shanshin-Ka offers the best portions of classic Japanese food.
Swahili Pot is the place to go for Swahili and African dishes. Enjoy Kenyan favorites such as pilau and biryani. Be sure to try out traditional ‘ugali’ while you are there. Finally, you can also go to Rongai for a Kenyan barbecue with boiled maize to accompany.
Tours and Visits
The first place you should visit is Diani Beach Art Gallery. It is home to some of Africa’s most beautiful places. It showcases lovely pieces locally made and at affordable prices. The talented artists make paintings and sculptures that you will only find here. You do not need bookings, and you can purchase any of the pieces you see.
Shimba Hills National Reserve offers a nice blend of flora and fauna. It is only 30 kilometers from Diani, characterized by luscious rainforest and enchanting waterfalls. Expect to see magnificent elephants and the rare sable antelope. This is the only place that you can see this magnificent creature. The reserve also has spectacular views of the Indian Ocean. It is an excellent backdrop for Instagram pictures.
Be sure to spend one night at Chale Island. It is located in the heart of Msambweni Bay, just 12 kilometers from Diani beach. The island is very popular among romantic vacationers thanks to its scenic view of the waters, sandy beach, and coral reefs. Additionally, accommodation is private. The locals use the place for worship, so you will experience some culture. You can also enjoy snorkeling, kayaking, and game fishing.
Finally, go to Kongo Mosque for indulgence in religion, history, and culture. It is in Diani Beach and is one of the oldest mosques in East Africa. It has a rich history which your guide will tell you all about. It consists of historical relics, a beautiful garden, and spectacular views of the ocean.
In conclusion, Diani is one of the most enhancing places you will experience. So many tourists before will tell you that this beach destination is the perfect place to relax. You also have the opportunity to shop for souvenirs, enjoy fantastic food and spectacular sites. So pack your bags and visit this beach paradise today.
Also see: Safaris from Mombasa
Safari tour Packages
- 1 Day Nairobi National Park $195
- 2 Days Amboseli National Park $430 – $580
- 4 Days Masai Mara National Reserve $1,050 – $1,250
- 4 Days Amboseli & Voyager Ziwani $910 – $1,150
- 3 Days Amboseli /Kilimanjaro $560 – $760
- 2 Days Tsavo West/East National Parks $520 – $590
- 5 Days Amboseli / Kilimanjaro $1,530 – $2,150
- 4 Days Lake Nakuru & Masai Mara $1,080 – $1,190
- 3 Days Tsavo East & SaltLick $640 – $785
- 2 Days Lake Nakuru National Park $430 – $570
- 3 Days Masai Mara National Reserve $680 – $780
- 5 Days Lake Nakuru & Masai Mara $1,630 – $2,250
- 2 Days Aberdare National Park $440 – $620
- 3 Days Tsavo East/West National Park $590 – $780
- 5 Days Lake Nakuru, Baringo & Bogoria $1,530 – $2,150
- 5 days Tsavo East/West & Amboseli $1,520 – $1,980
- 3 Days Samburu National Reserve $490 – $630
- 2 Days Tsavo East National Park $490 – $640
- 3 Days Tsavo East & Voyager Ziwani $600 – $730
- 2 Days Tsavo West National Park $480 – $620
- 5 Days Tsavo East/West, Ziwani & Saltlick $1,480 – $1,950
- 4 Days Tsavo West & Amboseli/Kilimanjaro $910 – $1,130
- 4 Days Tsavo East/West & Saltlick $930 – $1,090
- 4 Days Tsavo East/West & Amboseli $920 – $1,050
- Things to do in Ruma National Park
- Things to do in Chyulu Hills National Park
- Facts About The Mara Triangle
- Where To Travel In 2022
- Things to Do In Diani Beach
- What to Do At Ol Donyo Sabuk National Park
- Best Holiday Accommodation in Watamu
- Best Places for Bird Watching In Kenya
- Top Endangered Species in Africa
- Top 10 Luxury Camps in Masai Mara
- Things to Do At Lake Naivasha
- Things to do at Lewa Wildlife Conservancy Kenya
- Kisite-Mpunguti Marine National Park and Reserve
- Ol Pejeta: Amazing Things to Do and See
- Things to Do in Arabuko Sokoke National Park
- Mara Sopa Lodge
- Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge
- Lake Nakuru Sopa Lodge
- Lake Nakuru Lodge
- Flamingo Hill Tented Camp
- Sawela Lodge
- Severin Safari Camp
- Finch Hattons Tented Camp
- Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge
- Kilaguni Serena Lodge
- Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge
- Voyager Ziwani Camp
- Ngulia Safari Lodge
- Satao Camp
- Lions Bluff Lodge
- Manyatta Camp
- Voi Wildlife Lodge
- Ashnil Aruba Lodge
- Sentrim Tsavo East
- Zomeni Lion Hill Lodge
- Man Eaters Camp
- Olare Mara Kempinski
- Mara Engai Lodge
- Basecamp Eagle View
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge
- Ashnil Mara Camp
- Sarova Mara Game Camp