Things to do in Chyulu Hills National Park
Popularly known as the Green Hills of Africa, Chyulu Hills National Park is one of those overlooked destinations that have so much to offer to travelers. From spectacular landscapes to significant mammalian sightings, Chyulu hills is a one-of-a-kind destination that is waiting for you.
Therefore, this is your chance to discover all the marvels at the park and what you can do while you visit. So let’s get to it with a list of the most fun activities to participate in at Chyulu Hills National Park.
8 Things To Do At Chyulu Hills
This beautiful park characterized by lush green hills is home to over 300 species of birds. The scenic hills create the perfect ambiance for watching birds in their natural habitat in the early morning.
Expect to see multiple bird species such as the purple crested coucal, tambourine doves, African green pigeons, the alpine swift, the gray heron, brown snake eagles, crested guinea fowls, lemon doves, and more. Bring your binoculars and practice your best bird calls to get an immersive experience from this activity.
You cannot visit the Chyulu Hills without heading up for a thrilling hike. We encourage all visitors to go up the 2,188m ascent to capture the best panoramic views of the park. The hills are merciful, so you won’t need a lot of hiking gear.
Just set yourselves up for the morning ascend with some snacks and water. Thanks to the favorable conditions and landscape, the 150 km walk is effortless on the body. This is a fun activity for groups, and you will have many opportunities to take pictures.
The luscious hilly park is home to various animal species. There, big game viewing is a must-do while visiting. Expect to see buffaloes, cheetahs, bushbucks, elephants, and even giraffes on the animal trails.
We encourage visitors to bring their cameras to capture the essence of these creatures in their natural habitat. In the early morning, you may even get to see a thrilling and heart-stopping chase between a predator and its prey.
Visitors can also get a taste of outdoor living with the extensive public camping area available just a short distance from the park gate. Visitors will have access to Kiboko and Kathisayo campsites.
We encourage visitors to pick camping over the luxurious accommodations for a more authentic and immersed experience. The weather is forgiving, and you can expect to have a fun time camping with friends.
If you are not faint-hearted, then be sure to go on the guided nature walks to meet some of the smaller and harder-to-spot creatures that live in this park. You will start with reptiles, so expect to see Black Mambas, Puff Adders, Rock Pythons, Geckos, Tortoises, and Lizards.
You will also meet smaller creatures, including the famous bush pig and elands. The nature walks will also lead you to a series of vegetation covers to see naturally-growing plants. You can also head for the cave tours under the guidance of a park ranger.
For an eco-friendly and even romantic activity, sign yourself up for horseback riding in the park. This is the perfect way to explore areas of the park you cannot reach by car or foot. You will get to see fantastic animal species. In addition, you will get a scenic tour of the park filled with breathtaking landscapes. Who knows, the atmosphere may be good enough for a grand romantic gesture!
If the thrill of hiking have you pumped up for an adventurous activity, then be sure to rent some bikes and go cycling in the hills. Trade-in your hiking boots for some sneakers and explore the rolling hills in style.
You can go on a leisurely cycle or challenge your friends into an athletic race in the mountains. The spectacular trails are waiting for your tire treads!
And finally, ensure you sign up for the cultural visits in the nearby villages. The Maasai people live near the park, and they have a rich cultural lifestyle. You can visit these villages to learn more about their unique and simple lifestyle.
While you are there, you can also purchase handmade artifacts and jewelry as souvenirs. It will also go into helping the community to keep the people thriving and well-taken care of.
So there you have it! All the fantastic activities and experiences Chyulu Hills National Park has to offer. It is the perfect place to visit during a long weekend for an immersive and adventurous time. So plan your trip with us today. Whether you are a group or a couple, we will ensure you have the best time!
Safari tour Packages
- 2 Days Tsavo East National Park $490 – $640
- 2 Days Aberdare National Park $440 – $620
- 2 Days Tsavo West National Park $480 – $620
- 2 Days Lake Nakuru National Park $430 – $570
- 3 Days Tsavo East & Voyager Ziwani $600 – $730
- 5 Days Lake Nakuru, Baringo & Bogoria $1,530 – $2,150
- 4 Days Tsavo East/West & Amboseli $920 – $1,050
- 4 Days Amboseli & Voyager Ziwani $910 – $1,150
- 5 Days Amboseli / Kilimanjaro $1,530 – $2,150
- 2 Days Tsavo West/East National Parks $520 – $590
- 3 Days Masai Mara National Reserve $680 – $780
- 5 days Tsavo East/West & Amboseli $1,520 – $1,980
- 3 Days Samburu National Reserve $490 – $630
- 4 Days Tsavo East/West & Saltlick $930 – $1,090
- 3 Days Tsavo East/West National Park $590 – $780
- 5 Days Tsavo East/West, Ziwani & Saltlick $1,480 – $1,950
- 3 Days Amboseli /Kilimanjaro $560 – $760
- 4 Days Lake Nakuru & Masai Mara $1,080 – $1,190
- 4 Days Masai Mara National Reserve $1,050 – $1,250
- 3 Days Tsavo East & SaltLick $640 – $785
- 1 Day Nairobi National Park $195
- 4 Days Tsavo West & Amboseli/Kilimanjaro $910 – $1,130
- 2 Days Amboseli National Park $430 – $580
- 5 Days Lake Nakuru & Masai Mara $1,630 – $2,250
- Things to do in Ruma National Park
- Things to do in Chyulu Hills National Park
- Facts About The Mara Triangle
- Where To Travel In 2022
- Things to Do In Diani Beach
- What to Do At Ol Donyo Sabuk National Park
- Best Holiday Accommodation in Watamu
- Best Places for Bird Watching In Kenya
- Top Endangered Species in Africa
- Top 10 Luxury Camps in Masai Mara
- Things to Do At Lake Naivasha
- Things to do at Lewa Wildlife Conservancy Kenya
- Kisite-Mpunguti Marine National Park and Reserve
- Ol Pejeta: Amazing Things to Do and See
- Things to Do in Arabuko Sokoke National Park
- Mara Sopa Lodge
- Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge
- Lake Nakuru Sopa Lodge
- Lake Nakuru Lodge
- Flamingo Hill Tented Camp
- Sawela Lodge
- Severin Safari Camp
- Finch Hattons Tented Camp
- Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge
- Kilaguni Serena Lodge
- Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge
- Voyager Ziwani Camp
- Ngulia Safari Lodge
- Satao Camp
- Lions Bluff Lodge
- Manyatta Camp
- Voi Wildlife Lodge
- Ashnil Aruba Lodge
- Sentrim Tsavo East
- Zomeni Lion Hill Lodge
- Man Eaters Camp
- Olare Mara Kempinski
- Mara Engai Lodge
- Basecamp Eagle View
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge
- Ashnil Mara Camp
- Sarova Mara Game Camp